Alive For A Purpose
As I revised my journal the other day, I noticed that whenever I am about to write, 'Thanks God for the gift of life' is my all time first sentence! It is surely kind that I recognize God’s daily favor as I meditate but I had a hard time in finding a quick answer for a question that on the same day popped up in my mind. What and how I am supposed to exactly be doing to fully take advantage of that gift.
If I have to be honest, that was a serious one that had me for quite some days. I felt a necessity to shift and adjust my ways through which I express my gratitude towards the Giver- God. To my acknowledgment, I realized, I have to add in work to properly explore the greatness of that gift. Indeed, every chance that I am given to wake up is a reminder that there is more I can do with this gift of life.
I know lots of us, if not some, have been taught that there is a specific purpose that comes with this gift and they should so act accordingly. And up until now, lots are still waiting for that supernatural voice to reveal what they have been created for - their purpose. We surely expect it to be something very big, yet it can be anything and it is always not that far from us.
When a mother is teaching her baby to walk, how far does she go from him/her? And it is according to the baby's response that tells the mother how far she should go. If the baby can just stand, the mother stays somewhere near him, and if the baby shows he can independently take some steps, the mother goes a little bit far to let the baby increase his walking distance. It is in the same way our purposes are revealed to us. If we are able to responsibly respond to the little we are given, we will surely be blessed with way bigger targets. Do not waste time waiting for that voice, just do what you are already expected to take care of wholeheartedly. In the right time, you will be entrusted with what you call big. You don’t have to compare yourself with those who seem to have already got everything right. We are all Alive for unique Purposes and they must be different for us to be able to serve the world at our best.
Are you still waiting too? Well, I will not discourage you to stop waiting. I am just here to encourage you to shift your focus. Take advantage of what’s already at your disposal because it serves both as a driver to what you might call Big and a means to properly express your gratitude. And who knows? Whoever already has, more shall surely be given to him.

Waiting is good , however while waiting make sure you do not waste time . Perside thanks for this wonderful piece full of knowledge .
ReplyDeleteThanks too for your time here, I love you so very much!!!
DeleteThank you so much for this. Well said👌🏻
ReplyDeleteU're welcome!!! Love you.
DeleteI must say...that "baby walking" metaphor had me🔥. When I finished reading, it felt like I just completed a puzzle...loved it to bits💕💕
ReplyDeleteThanks so so much, I had a hard time using it too. At times my instinct just forces me to use such kinds, I have no choice hahah.
DeletePerside, this is so beautiful🥹❤️.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Paola, I love you!
Delete