Lost In The Idea Of 'Self-Love'


I like to imagine a being, maybe also God, sitting on a dilapidated sofa in a hushed room, above or below this surface to just think. If ‘Self- Love’ comes into this being’s mind, what can they say? I have also been wondering why this idea of ‘Self-Love’ is on trend these days. I found no exact answer but here are a few reasons why I think it is being brought to our attention more often.

So many of us if not some are lost in satisfying people’s perceptions of what they call ideal lives. Lots want to conceal their mediocre attitudes, failures and weaknesses. After they are successfully hidden, people will often see us as ‘Certain and not Confused’, ‘Strong’, ‘Rich’, ‘Kind’, ‘Fulfilled’ ‘Successful’, or every word to help us fit in and get where we think we will do better.

If Self- Love is just about the hours spent at the gym, in restaurants, hot bathing or time spent out with friends, some people would feel happy and fulfilled within just an ⅛ of their whole day. Given they were able to spend at least 3 hours/ day in one of those places. And is that enough to mentally keep us still and stable?

Again if it is about travelling, then one would spend their whole budget on vacations because at the end of the day, what do we hustle for if our daily struggles do not come to fully satisfy and sustain our happiness? I didn't mean to bring in lots of Maths but I am hoping for a better sense  of ‘Self- Love’: Where people will understand that it is not just about hot baths, manicures and pedicures, spa treatments, gyms, travelling or staying out with friends.

I would love us to think Self-Love can also be a consistent practice of enjoying our lives where we spend most of our time. It can be at school, work, within our families, etc. It should also be more about how we feel as we walk in what is meant for us, our purposes, capacity, passions, commitments and not an exhibition of who we are not. 

And how about us not being pretentious in our mistakes, failures and weaknesses but embracing what we can’t easily change. With our main goal to neither praise what needs change nor feed our cravings for fame and perfect reputation.



Comments

  1. ❤️❤️❤️❤️🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last paragraph 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️ it’s so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a lot! Thanks so much for your time reading, love you!!!!

      Delete
  4. "And not an exhibition of who we are not" I'm wowed really👏👏💯💯

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comme Un Adulte

HEROES' DAY- Rwanda.

Love I Pray(ed) For