Walks
A bitter thought grew from how complicated it usually is for me to wake up very early. I can stay up all night, but whatever requires me to act as an early bird, my body completely goes against it. For so long, I have wanted to be among those I see waking up very early or going out in the evenings for sports activities. As a student, the only time I could control was my mornings. Due to my unpredictable school timetable and work, I rarely had free evenings too. Just like some, I could plan to go out for sports and end up failing. At times, I could be too hard on myself and wake up or give up some of the important things I do in the evenings but it did not help that much. I often had bad days because of waking up very tired and some evenings were just spent with me worrying about what I left undone.
Little did I know, that there is always beauty and strength with however our bodies function. I am not able to wake up very early for workouts, but I can walk lots of hours during the day. Walks might sound trivial but seeing their impacts on my health, I am proud I have found what works better for me. Walks are not just to help my body, they also help my mind. I can take them anytime and anyhow without the need of any sportswear. On some occasions, I really dress up well to just move around the centre. As I visit different places, I will often also decide not to use any public transport and just walk. I love my Saturdays even more because I get to discover a lot in my neighbourhood.
Other times, I will put on my sportswear and my earphones and just take the road I have never taken, get time to reflect and sing my favourite songs thanks to masks. I discover lots of places as I get to enjoy nature. With this, I worry less when I don’t have time for serious workouts. I really found so much refuge in walking and my passion for walks maintains my consistency.
I am now encouraged to go with what better suits my body, personality, passions and what I am actually able to do. I may always be willing to be at the gym but how should I carry on if my schedule makes my consistency unattainable, let alone my personal budget and this wonderful season called Winter. I chose to focus on doing what I can for now as I linger for what I wish for. I encourage you to do the same as well. You may never get a chance during those weekdays, but take advantage of these two last days of the week. They are better than nothing. I am now happy because I take my walks no matter the hour, clothes or the place I am in. I of course prefer roads with a few chaos, cars and people, but wherever I find myself, I try to find a way.
If you are or have been where I used to be, I hope you are able to soon find your way towards a healthier body. At the time, we may not all be meant to afford the gym , wake up very early or have our evenings free but we all deserve healthy bodies.

Great article 💪🏻👍🏻
ReplyDeleteThanks so so much for your time reading this! Love you!!!!!
DeleteI love this❤️ Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your time reading, love you so much!
DeleteWell said 👍
ReplyDeleteThank you so so much!
DeleteAlways enjoy reading ❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!!!!!!
DeleteThanks for sharing:)))
ReplyDeleteThis was so theurapitic ❤️❤️ Thank you so much for sharing with us your talents
ReplyDeleteThanks so much too for your time here and this precious comment. Sending lots of hugs!!!
DeleteWe share the same love for walks so you can imagine how much I love this💯❤
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Pochi, it has always been about your support. Let's do this together when I am home!
Delete